NEW at the NHSWRA Transfer Station!
Residential Permit Accounts
Both New Haven residents and non-residents can now create a permit account for use at the Transfer Station. Please call our Executive Offices at 203-691-5374 to set up an appointment to register.
After signing up you will receive a permit tag for your vehicle. Permits are automatically read by a scanner when you enter the Transfer Station.
Your vehicle will be weighed upon entrance to the Transfer Station and again upon exiting to determine the weight of items disposed of. The cost of each delivery will be automatically debited from your pre-paid account.
GUIDELINES For Waste Disposal
To make your visit efficient, safe and worth your valuable time, please review the following guidelines before you come to our drop-off facilities.
- We accept major credit cards, but setting up a residential permit account ahead of time will speed up your transaction time.
- Make sure your waste products or waste pile contains no hazardous waste or Haz-waste product.
- Consider whether your items could possibly be re-used, recycled or donated.
- Review the list of acceptable items to make sure your item(s) will be accepted at the Transfer Station.
HAZARDOUS WASTE – Any waste material which may pose a present or potential hazard to human health or the environment when improperly disposed of, treated, stored, transported, or otherwise managed, e.g.
- Products containing volatile chemicals
BULKY WASTE – Large items of waste materials, e.g.
CONSTRUCTION DEBRIS – Waste resulting from construction and demolition, e.g
- Bathroom /Kitchen appliances
- Sheet Rock
- Concrete block
- Roofing materials
YARD WASTE –
- Grass clippings
- Tree branches (all diameters)
- Land clearing debris
- Yard and garden prunings
NO-CHARGE ITEMS –
- Scrap metal
Household Recyclables: –
* for New Haven Residential customers only
** passenger tires only, no commercials, annual limit (6)
RESIDENTIAL PAYMENT SCHEDULE:
Bulky Waste – $87/ton (approximately $.04/lb.)
Construction Debris – $87/ton (approximately $.04/lb)
Yard Waste – $45/ton (approximately $.02/lb)