The following waste & waste products are accepted, processed, or stored at the New Haven Solid Waste Authority Transfer Station Facility:
- Municipal Solid Waste (MSW)
- Oversized MSW “Bulky Waste” (e.g. furniture, mattresses, carpeting)
- Construction & Demolition debris (shingles, gypsum board, toilets, etc.)
- Scrap Tires
- Scrap Metal (including appliances without CFC liquid)
- Lead acid batteries
- Covered Electronic Devices
- Leave and grass clippings
- Yard waste and woody waste material
- Street sweepings and catch basin grit
HAZARDOUS WASTE – Any waste material which may post a present or potential hazard to human health or the environment when improperly disposed of, treated, stored, transported, or otherwise managed, e.g.
- Products containing volatile chemicals,
BULKY WASTE-Large items of waste materials, e.g.
CONSTRUCTION DEBRIS – waste resulting from construction and demolition, e.g.
- Sheet Rock
- Concrete block
- Roofing materials
- Bathroom/Kitchen appliances
- Grass clippings
- Tree branches(all diameters)
- Land clearing debris
- Yard and garden prunings
- Scrap metal
- Electronics* Household Recyclables:
*HAZARDOUS WASTE IS NOT ACCEPTED AT THE TRANSFER STATION.
**Hazardous waste (including used oil and antifreeze) must be taken to Haz-Waste Central which is located at the Regional Water Authority, 90 Sargent Drive. Haz-Waste is open Saturday mornings from May until October, excluding holiday weekends.
Call 203-401-2712 for more information.
RESIDENTIAL PAYMENT SCHEDULE:
Bulky Waste – $87/ton (approximately $.05/lb.)
Construction Debris – $87/ton (approximately $.04/lb)
Yard Waste – $45/ton (approximately $0.2/lb)